Friday, March 19, 2010

Sunshine

I sat out in the sun this week.  The first time in almost a year I could just sit, not worry about being needed for something, or the phone ringing, just sit, let my mind wonder where it wanted, and enjoy the sun on my face.  Such a little thing, but what a joy. 
I even had Zoe on her lead, and little Wiggles with a new harness, which she disliked, so she just let me cuddle her as we watched the chikadees and nuthatches playing in the lilacs.
Zoe is the 'wonder dog', she watched over John when I was able to go to work, and made sure that he would wake up if she thought he slept too long. She never got very far away from him, and was a lot of company to him.  I think she has adjusted to him being gone, but there are times, when I find one of his hats where I least expect to, that she whines a little after she sniffs at it. 
I am hoping the ice cream stand opens soon, she loved it when 'daddy' fed her ice cream in a cone.  She will still enjoy it if I do it too.

Wiggles is the newest addition to the family.  A kitten that I brought home the night before Thanksgiven. She has been a lot of entertainment, and helped make it easier to come home at night, she made the house come alive again.  I forgot what it was like having a kitten, it is almost like having a house full of two year olds.  She gets into EVERYTHING!!  Nothing is safe with her around.  She loves to get a scarf, and just carry it around with her. And when I put her harness and leash on, she picked up her leash in her mouth and tried to walk herself, but when I take the leash, she lays down, go figure.

Time to do some major spring cleaning.  There is only one in the house now, and I do not need all the stuff that we collected over the years, so what can be thrown away will be, and anything that can be used by someone, will go into a yard sale in the next couple of months, and what doesn't sell may get recycled.  I am already packing up books that I have decided I won't read, and have already got rid of a lot.   I have cookbooks that John teased me about, that I had not tried recipies from, guess he was right, I don't really need them if I am not going to use them.  But on the flip side, did he need the half dozen or so 5/16th wrenches he had?  Probably, he was famous for laying one down and forgetting where he left it :-)

Well, if I don't get started, I won't get anything done----I want to get the yard sale stuff together, and get it over with as soon as I can, I would like to do some painting this summer in the house, John had hoped to be able to paint the kitchen cabinets last year, but was unable to do it, altho he did get most of the outside of the house painted the first summer he was ill.   Unfinished projects, I will grow old before I get them all finished.  What am I thinking, I already am old.

Maybe I will just sit in the sun and soak up the rays-----------

No comments:

Post a Comment