Friday, February 12, 2010

An Empty Valentines Day

Valentines day is this weekend.  There is a 'Sweethearts' banquet at church tomorrow night.  John and I went together last year and had a good time, but I can't face it alone this year.There are a few widows at church that go to it, but the loss is just too fresh for me, and I will remember him sitting beside me last year.
So, I am going down to my brothers place and have supper with him. If I can forget that it is Valentines day and keep busy, it will be easier to get through.
Even in the past, it was just a 'normal' day except he would surprise me with a card, sometimes flowers, or get me a chocolate bar that he knew I liked. He claimed not to be into the gifts, cards etc that go with birthdays, Christmas etc, but he alway did a little something when I least expected it.  I miss that. I miss HIM!!

1 comment: