Thursday, February 11, 2010

It All Started When-----

It all started when I went to live with my brother and his family after I had graduated from high scool. I picked apples that fall in a local orchard, and that is where I first met HIM.
He was on the farm crew, and came around to pick up the apples that were picked it bushel boxes.
After a few days, he started teasing me about always being on the ladder when he came by. Little did he know I had a better view of him, for a longer time, than I would have on the ground. :-)
A few times he tried to 'nudge' my ladder with the tractor tires, little did I know he wanted to catch me if I fell.
A couple weeks into harvest, he was in the hospital with kidney stone. I kept getting updates from his sister who was also picking apples that fall, (but she did not know I was interested in him). I sent him a get well card and signed it "A secret admirer". Took him awhile, but he finally figured out that it was me.
Anyway, from there to here, we met in September, were engaged by November and married in December and the first child came 19 months later, and the second one three years, two weeks after that.
We went through rough times, but always together. We never went to bed angry( which made for a few sleepless nights which kept us close), never considered the income as 'mine/yours' but ours, and tried our best to not undermine the discipline the other used for the children.
We promised each other that we would stay together 'for better or worse, richer or poorer and in sickness and in health till death do us part' , we just didn' think it would happen so soon or the way that it did.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogdom! I wondered who my new follower was....it is you! Ha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete